This is “About” AI – But It’s Really About People
In SEO Trends 2024, we dive deep into the realm of AI, but ultimately, AI is not the star of the show – you are. The human touch is still crucial when adopting AI into your strategy, and this ebook highlights the importance of working alongside it rather than relying on it as a human replacement.
“Helpful” Is A Bigger Word Than You Think
In 2024, Google will change the game with a redefined meaning of “helpful.” Inside, we explore how the definition of “helpful” content and websites is expanding and the impact of updates.
Here are some key insights:
- Google assesses the value and helpfulness of your entire site, so make sure your website has a clear and unique value.
- Engage with generative AI and understand how it works before you try to fight it.
- “Expertise” will be a key differentiating factor – insights and original data attributed to authors with names.
Prepare For Search Generative Experience With “Search Experience Optimization”
The experimental phase of Google’s SGE is causing ripples of anticipation and anxiety in the industry. But the key is being discoverable by generative AI, and knowing when to be its ally and when to be its enemy. Here’s what you really need to know:
- AI in search will upset performance for entire groups of queries, data gathering, and potentially the balance between the platforms.
- Search success may come down to being discoverable by generative AI and finding as many opportunities as possible to surface your brand to users.
Prepare For Disruption: Keep Calm, Educate & Move Quickly
Disruption is on the horizon, but while models for driving business goals may change, the essence of how people search for information remains consistent. The following will be crucial elements in navigating this dynamic landscape moving forward:
- Understanding a user’s true intent must guide you – spam and thin results are dying.
Don’t forget about technical SEO – keeping a tidy site can also help insulate you from ruthless core updates.
- Use AI strategically to give yourself more time for big-picture thinking.